Military & Vehicle Re-Enactment
The 11th Duncannon Military re-enactment and vehicle show is taking place on the June bank holiday weekend. The event has now become one of the biggest and longest running events of its kind in Ireland and attracts one of the largest gathering of military re-enactors in the country. Its a unique event in its own right and is organized by The Munster Military Vehicles and Living History Group in conjunction with Duncannon Fort, home of re-enactment in Ireland .
The groups involved are from all periods of history. history groups from Dublin will be displaying a huge display of Viking and pre Christian era tents weapons and living history as well as doing several battles in the moat. impressive groups who are renowned all over the country for the historical accuracy of what they portray can be seen all weekend here .
- We will have Romans Ireland specializing in life under the Roman rule with the Roman legion present giving a taste of life in Roman times, dress, weapons, religion and life in the Roman legion explored . A very informative group who will do several re-enactments throughout the weekend
- WW1 will be represented and well covered in the museum which is free to access for the weekend showing people what life was like in the trenches and this will be complimented by a British Great war display also showing life under a gas attack and crossing no mans land for the public shows and also in the Great war trench experience in the museum throughout the day.
- Celtic and medieval displays will also be in full swing with various groups displaying crafts , garments and foods to show what life was like then.
- WW2 will be a big draw for the public as one of the most sought after and photographed spectacles at the weekend, Allied and Axis forces will be in full strength and many rare WW2 vehicles. The Allied and Axis forces will do various displays of fire power in the moat throughout the day and this has proved to be a major point of the show for the last few years . Weapons firing , explosions , and rockets going off all set the scene for a major showdown on the day to the delight of the crowd .
- Post W.W.2 groups like Vietnam, Korea and British troops of the 70′s and 90′s will be in the fort also this weekend . The American civil war will also be represented both North and South and an impressive display of arms and equipment will be there for all to see
- Every type of weapon will be there from all periods, cannon, musket, rifle, pistol and artillery pieces form most armies of the world will be displayed.
- Many various types of military vehicles will be present , armored, tracked jeeps , motorcycles, side cars, trucks, artillery and antiaircraft guns will be on display for all to see. Kids of all ages from 5 to 85 will be able to see and inspect these at close range for the weekend.
- Some of the biggest and rarest vehicles will be on site this weekend. Many trade stalls and Militaria dealers will be there selling all things military. Paintball and airsoft groups will have ranges there for people to have a shot off and for the very adventurous we will have archery in progress for those who like to try their hand at some targets.
- Show is open Saturday and Sunday from 11a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission applies.
- Access to The World at War Museum is included for the weekend .
- It’s a great day out and value for money for those who wish to spend a day and see it all.
- Duncannon Fort Military Re-enactment and Vehicle Show
June Bank Holiday Weekend Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st of May
In conjunction with Duncannon Fort Trust
Organised by Joe O’Toole
This year the 100 anniversary of the Great War 1914-18 will include
the Great War Trench
Ireland’s only Great War Trench Experience
Great entertainment for all the family!